- DURATION -3 Days
- GRADE -EASY
Transport: Drive or Flight
Accommodation: Hotel/ Guest House/ Lodge
Group Size: 2 to 20
Chitwan National Park is perhaps the best park in Nepal for seeing animals in the wild. In the earlier part of the century, when rapid deforestation was devastating Nepals southern Terai belt, Government of Nepal intervened and proclaimed the Chitwan area a national park. The Government of Nepal declared the Chitwan region a national park, outlawed settlement and deforestation within its boundaries, and a campaign to save the animals began. Projects carried out with the help of friendly nations have revived the animals that remained. Though the Terai is certainly not what it once was, the preserved portion within the Chitwan National Park is still a treat for animal lovers. Royal Bengal tigers roam the region; one-horned rhinos can be seen charging through the underbrush, feeding and even courting. The Rapti River has been dammed to form a man-made lake called Lamital where water-birds and marsh mugger peckers and many other birds are found in plenty in these forests. Elephant grass, five to six feet tall, provides excellent camouflage for animals. This grass serves as food for the gaur (a local bison), rhino and other herbivores. Once a year, local people are allowed into the park area to cut grass. The grass is dried, and used to thatch roofs or stored for food for the domestic animals during the dry season
- All hotel/airport transfer
- Twin sharing accommodation for 2 night’s with full board (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in Chitwan
- All jungle activities in Chitwan
- Comfortable private vehicle /flight as per itinerary
- Entrance fee for different sightseeing places.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show
- All our government taxes, vat, official expenses & service charges
- Any lunch, dinner, snacks, mineral water etc. unless mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tipping (expected by guides and, but not mandatory)
- Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks or any other expenses of personal nature.
Day 01:Drive to Chitwan National Park upon arrival, rooms assigned and there will be a short briefing on the program and our facilities.
4:00 PM: Elephant-back safari: Guests will ride on an elephant to explore the jungle and wildlife you will be able to see the
Day 02: 5:30 AM: Wake-up call followed by tea or coffee, and then proceeds on a Nature Walk. This encounter on foot with the environment will introduce the main features of eastern Chitwan. Sal forest, open grassland and reverie jungle. Our guides will help you i
Day 03: Royal Chitwan National Park – Kathmandu
5.30 AM: Bird Watching (or another elephant ride) after early morning tea/coffee.
8.00 AM: Breakfast
9.00 AM: Luggage down and departure at 9.30 AM. to Kathmandu